Trinity Church and Graveyard
(Intersection of Wall)
(NYLPC Landmark) (NR)
Status: Damaged but stable, repairs/cleaning required.*
Trinity Church (Episcopal), Broaway at the head of Wall St. W side. 1938-1846. Richard Upjohn. William Backhouse Astor Memorial Altar and Reredos, 1876-1877. Frederick Clarke Withers. All Saints Chapel, 1911-1913. Thomas Nash. Bishop William T. Manning Memorial Wing, 1965. Adams & Woodbridge. Churchyard. 1681.
"... a crisp brownstone, bedded in a green baize cemetery.... Bronze doors designed by Richard Morris Hunt (donated in memory of John Jacob Astor III) were executed by Charles Niehaus, Karl Bitter, and J. Massey Rhind (left entrance, main entrance, and right entrance, respectively) from 1890 to 1896."
Cemetery monuments of particular note include the pyramid of Alexander Hamilton, Robert Fulton's bronze bas-relief, and that of William Bradford.
Source: AIA Guide to New York City, 4th ed.
Emergency Management Online Locator System - Transportation and Public Access
*Status of this building was obtained by matching Building Structural Status map and Transportation and Public Access map from OEM. Status may not be accurate, if you know the status of this building, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.